Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Three key stories of my life- Part I

Today I am going start writing three key story series of my life. The key stories means the way I lost three keys. First key lost incident happened when I was graduate student at IITBombay. I always believed that thought becomes thing. One fine morning, I was going from Metullargy Department to F2 Shed lab. I was passing through infinity corridor. The corridor is at certain height from the surface. At the bottom of the corridor, there are rain water discharge pipelines.  In short, it is like a bridge. It was only five minute walk. On the way to lab, I saw small holes at the corner of a corridor. The hole size may be around similar to 25 cent. I was carrying lab key in my hand. Suddenly, I thought that if this key will fall down from this hole then what could happen. I went to lab and I worked for almost four hours.

  When I was coming back, surprisingly, the key fell down from my hand. It fell down and went through that small hole somewhere in those rain water pipelines. I was terrified to see my thought came into existence. I started blaming myself for thinking wrong thought. Why on this earth I thought about my key falling down from the small hole. I gathered courage to tell my professor about this incidence. I explained him that what happened to the key. He told that he has to write letter and explain about lab key lost. It would be a lot of work for him. He could not understand and asked me to show the spot where that incident happened. I became nervous thinking that what he might think about me. He came with me. Ooops! He asked me that from which hole that key fell down. It was new realization that there were equidistant five to six holes. I was not able to remember that where exactly it fell down. I still do not know, what he thought about me. He asked me to go to security kiosk to get help to find that key. I went to them and explained everything about the incident. They had similar reaction like my Professor. They were too surprised to see the way I lost that key. One security guard jumped down, he started search for it. My Professor went back and asked me to update about it. After two hours of hardwork, they were able to recover it. I was relieved form tension and pressure. I went to Professor to tell him that good news. I remember that he laughed aloud and said that be careful next time.

Today I look back at this incident, I feel it is funny. I learned a lesson that how much awful situation might be in your life. It would become funny story in the past. So why not laugh a loud in the present.  Here I end the first part of my key story series. I will come back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment