Monday, May 14, 2012

Random thought end

When I was doing Vipassana meditation, I remember that suddenly on sixth day a thought stuck in my mind. I was sitting near cliff. I was looking down to see the flowing water. The serenity and peace in nature was talking to me silently. Actually, I was meditating at the moment, it was a thoughtless moment. Suddenly, I remember some scene from a movie. I removed that thought and continued my silence. Again, I thought about sunset at IITBombay which I enjoyed everyday for almost seven years. I started thinking about these random thoughts which stuck my mind within those 15 min. I was aware of each and every thought and I started linking these random thoughts. I was surprised that how these random thought generates. Click! I felt in that moment that nothing is actually random. When we are not able to define anything then we call it as a random. I was able to see the connection between existing condition and thought. All the thoughts in the present moment are triggered due to association made in our mind to remember particular instance. For example, if I fell down from some spot then my mind will notice it. When I will face similar situation then it automatically reminds me about that memory. I followed this realization through out my stay there. I was able to track down reason for particular thought at any moment during meditation. That's why it is hard for a person to meditate daily. We have chaos in our mind. Whatever we see and do is registered in our mind. When we start meditation, it generates a flash back of our daily events. I am hopeful to achieve quiet and equanimous mind in the middle of daily chores and chaos. You are bound to be successful.

In this way, my random thought series of writing ended because I believe that there is nothing random in nature. Whatever is random that is not completely understood or defined yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment